– Corporate governance: definitions and origin.
– Corporate governance: main theoretical approaches.
– Corporate governance systems in Europe and North America.
– Corporate governance in Italy: key issues.
– Executive and director remuneration. Theories and empirical evidence .
– Creative accounting, fraud and corporate governance. Theories and empirical evidence.
– Accounting regulation in Europe. Conceptual framework and economic consequences
– Corporate disclosure. Theories and empirical evidence.
1. Introduction: Evolution of Strategic Management
2. The SCP Paradigm in Industrial Organization Economics and in Firm Strategy
3. The Resource- and Capability-based Strategy Paradigms
4. The Knowledge-based Strategy Paradigms
5. The Evolutionary Paradigm of Firm Strategy